- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- In a mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Reserve a small amount for basting later. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag with shrimp. Seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-low heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 5 minutes per side, or until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
recipe courtesy allrecipes.com