CARE TIPS FOR TEXTILES/FABRICS
- Vacuum the surface of your furniture regularly, including the deck under the cushions, with the upholstery attachments of your vacuum cleaner
- Direct sunlight can cause the fabrics to fade. Care should be taken to limit the amount of direct sun on any piece of furniture.
- Carpet cleaning can help prevent mold growth.
- Loose cushions should be flipped and rotated frequently to minimize soiling and add to the longevity of your upholstery.
- All spills should be cleaned immediately, start by blotting the spill using a clean, absorbent cloth. If stain remains, please follow the care instructions below according to the type of fabric on your upholstery.
- To successfully clean fabric, it is important to determine the type of fabric and the recommended cleaning code. The cleaning code for your upholstery can be found on the law tag attached to the furniture. Always pretest an inconspicuous area of the upholstery before spot cleaning.
- If you have purchased an after-market Stain Protection System, please consult the retailer or Stain Protection provider for cleaning instructions.
INDUSTRY CLEANING CODES
S- Spot clean only with a water-free dry cleaning solvent. Pretest a small, inconspicuous area before proceeding. Do not saturate. DO NOT USE WATER. Pile fabrics may require brushing with a non- metallic, stiff bristle brush to restore appearance. Cushion covers should not be removed and dry cleaned. To prevent overall soiling, frequent vacuuming or light brushing with a non-metallic, stiff bristle brush to remove dust and grime is recommended. When cleaning a spill, blot immediately to remove spilled material. Clean spots or stains from the outside to the middle of the affected area to prevent circling. Overall cleaning by a professional furniture cleaning service only is recommended.
W- Spot clean only with water-based shampoo or foam upholstery cleaner. Pretest for color loss and fabric compatibility. Do not over wet. Use professional upholstery cleaning service for overall soiling.
WS- Spot clean with upholstery shampoo, foam from a mild detergent, or mild dry cleaning solvent. Pretest a small, inconspicuous area before proceeding. Do not saturate. Pile fabrics may require brushing with a non-metallic, stiff bristle brush to restore appearance. Hot water extraction of steam cleaning is not a recommenced cleaning method. Cushions casings should not be removed and laundered or dry cleaned. To prevent overall soiling, frequent vacuuming or light brushing with a non- metallic, stiff bristle brush to remove dust and grime is recommended. When cleaning a spill, blot immediately to remove spilled material. Clean spots or stains from the outside to the middle of affected area to prevent circling. Use a professional furniture cleaning service when an overall soiled condition has been reached.
X- Cleaning only by vacuuming or light brushing with a non-metallic, stiff bristle brush. DO NOT USE ANY WATER OR SOLVENT BASED CLEANER.
Never remove cushion covers for separate dry cleaning or laundering. Do not use bleach, any tumble method cleaning service as this may destroy the backing of the fabric, shrink, or otherwise damage the upholstery fabric.
Keep your furniture and family safe from fires caused by careless smoking. Do not smoke when lying down or drowsy. Always check the furniture where smokers have been sitting for improperly discarded smoking materials. Ashes and lighted cigarettes can fall unnoticed behind or between cushions or under furniture. Do not place or leave ashtrays on the arms of chairs where they can be knocked off. Remove immediately any glowing ember or lighted cigarette that has fallen on furniture. Smoldering smoking materials can cause upholstered furniture fires.
Fabric Care. Rowe Furniture. From www.rowefurniture.com