This recipe is a great spin-off on your conventional side dish of rice at dinner. The brown rice provides a nutritious, fiber-packed alternative to white rice, and the cilantro and the lime gives this dish an extra dash of delicious Mexican flavor.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 cups uncooked instant rice
- Blend the onion, green chiles, garlic, and lime juice together in a food processor until smooth; add the cilantro and pulse until the cilantro is finely chopped into the mixture.
- Bring the water to boil in a saucepan. Stir the cilantro mixture, chicken bouillon granules, salt, butter, and rice into the water and return to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer until the rice has absorbed the liquid entirely, about 20 minutes.
recipe courtesy allrecipes.com