If you find that no matter how much you vacuum, your carpet still does not look like it used to, it may be time for deep cleaning. While there are do-it-yourself cleaning methods on the marketing, hiring a professional is the safest, fastest and easiest options.
Cleaning professionals who utilized CRI-certified carpet cleaning products as part of their cleaning process are recognized as Seal of Approval service providers. Using Seal of Approval service providers is an easy way to make sure that your carpets are being professionally cleaned with quality products that will help maintain your carpet’s life and beauty.
To keep your carpet at peak performance, CRI recommends professionally deep cleaning your carpet every 12 to 18 months. (Be sure to check your carpet warranty for particular requirements.) In addition Seal of Approval service providers, you can also find a professional cleaning company in your area at the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certifications (IICRC) at www.certifiedcleaners.org or 800-835-4624.
WHEN LOOKING FOR A CLEANING PROFESSIONAL, TAKE THESE CAUTIONS TO HEART:
Be careful of any company that contacts you by phone or that advertises a cleaning price by the room.
Room sizes vary and charges should be based on the total area cleaned.
The use of brand name cleaning products does not necessarily suggest an affiliation with those companies or added credibility for the cleaning service. Make sure that you select a cleaning professional with certification from an organization that certifies professionals.
ASK GOOD QUESTIONS
Do not be afraid to ask questions! Here are a few questions to keep in mind:
- “How long have you been in business?” The answer can speak volumes about a company’s reputation and experience.
- “What formal training is required for the company’s management and cleaning technicians?” A reputable company should require that employees receive training certifications.
- “Do you vacuum before deep cleaning the carpet?” All professional cleaners should vacuum before they deep clean the carpet. This critical first step makes a huge difference in the end result.
- “Do you use Seal of Approval cleaning solutions and equipment?” Seal of Approval products have been independently tested and certified to effectively clean carpet without causing any damage.
Get an in-home inspection and estimate.
Never go strictly by television advertisements or newspaper inserts or jump at the lowest bid. And don’t accept quotes over the phone. Have the cleaning representative come to your home for an inspection to determine the type of cleaning method that is most suitable, as well as to inspect your carpet for problem spots or extremely soiled areas. Obtain a written agreement before any work is done. Usually they will not charge for furniture removal, routine spot removal or preconditioning. Make sure you are not charged for any extras. Get a written contract with the total price and statements of guarantees that the cleaning company offers.
GET YOUR MONEY’S WORTH
The following tips will help you get the best results from hiring a professional carpet cleaning service provider:
- Show the cleaning professional any problem areas and spots or pet stains that need special attention.
- To prevent voiding warranties, contact the carpet manufacturer before allowing additional treatment, such as re-applying stain treatments or antistatic treatments.
- Wait for the carpet to dry completely before walking on the carpet or moving the furniture back into the room. If you replace the furniture too quickly, rust or stains from paint or finishes could mar the carpet permanently.
Selecting A Carpet Cleaning Professional. CRI: The Carpet and Rug Institute. From www.carpet-rug.org