Skip to content
Clean Your Indoor Air
Have you noticed the air in your home is not as clean and fresh as it should be? These tips will help you breathe easier.
- When cooking or cleaning, keep your windows open as much as possible.
- When cooking on the top of the stove, cover pots and pans especially when frying. Use the ventilating fan above the stove when cooking.
- Use the bathroom exhaust fan or open a bathroom window when steam is present.
- Make sure your vacuum cleaner is working properly and does not blow dust back into the room. Change vacuum cleaner bags frequently.
- Use doormats at each entrance to your home to collect dirt and dust before it enters your home.
- Dust your home regularly and clean large flat surfaces several times a year.
- Vacuum and sweep regularly.
- Clean and change the filters on any humidifiers or air-filtration systems regularly.
- Wash all bedding in hot water weekly.
- Use non-toxic cleaning products and don’t mix different types of cleaning solutions together.
- Place some houseplants in your home. They remove toxins from the air.
- Don’t smoke inside your home.